In the period from 2007 to 2011, the cumulative increase in global sales of sugary confectionery products was 7.3%. In 2011, 10.2 million tons of sugar confectionery went on sale worldwide. The lowest rates of sales of sugary confectionery products in the world grew in 2009 against the backdrop of unfavorable market conditions. BusinesStat estimates that from 2012 to 2016, the growth of sugar confectionery sales in the world will be 8.2%.
In the countries of the world they mainly use sugary confectionery products of their own production. The share of imported products in the global sales of sugar confectionery products in 2007-2011 averaged 31.5%.
The production of sugar confectionery in the world in 2007-2011 increased by 6.7% and in 2011 amounted to 10.8 million tons. The leaders in the production of sugar confectionery are China, Germany, Brazil and the United States.
“Analysis of the global market of sugary confectionery products for 2007-2011, forecast for 2012-2016” includes the most important data necessary for understanding the current market situation and assessing the prospects for its development:
• Economy and population
• Sugar confectionery production
• Sales of sugary confectionery
• External and internal trade in sugar confectionery
• Import and export of sugar confectionery
• Foreign trade prices of sugary confectionery
The review presents current data for more than 150 countries of the world and a forecast for the 25 leading countries of the world market of sugary confectionery.
Leading countries: Australia, Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Great Britain, Vietnam, Germany, Hong Kong, Denmark, Spain, Italy, Canada, China, Colombia, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, USA, Turkey, Ukraine, France, Chile, Sweden, Japan.
In preparing the review used statistical information:
• United Nations Statistics Division
• Commodity Trade Statistics
• National Agencies and Compendia
• Index Mundi
• Industrial Commodity Statistics
• International Trade Center
• International Monetary Fund
• Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
• Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development
• World Trade Organization
Along with the official statistics, the review presents the results of the international research of BusinesStat:
• Analysis of secondary information on the confectionery market
• Survey of experts in the confectionery market
Categories: Consumer Products /.../ Food / Pastry
Industry /.../ Food / Pastry
The whole world