In 2007-2011, the world market for cheeses developed dynamically. The production of cheese in the world during this period increased by 5.2% and amounted to 21.7 million tons in 2011. The leaders in the production of cheese are the USA, Germany, France and Italy.
The international trade in cheeses also increased from 2007 to 2011. Thus, according to BusinesStat, cheese imports increased by 12.1%, while exports increased by 13.1%.
A significant share of world trade in cheese is trade in imported products, whose share in 2011 was about 26%. In 2012-2016, this figure will increase slightly and in 2016 will reach 27.1%.
“Analysis of the global cheese market for 2007-2011, forecast for 2012-2016” includes the most important data necessary for understanding the current market situation and assessing the prospects for its development:
• Economy and population
• Cheese production
• Sales of cheeses
• External and internal trade in cheeses
• Import and export of cheese
• Foreign trade prices of cheeses
The review provides current data for more than 150 countries of the world and a forecast for the 25 leading countries of the world cheese market.
Leading countries: Australia, Austria, Argentina, Belarus, Belgium, Great Britain, Germany, Greece, Denmark, Egypt, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Canada, China, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, USA, France, Sweden, Japan.
In preparing the review used statistical information:
• United Nations Statistics Division
• Commodity Trade Statistics
• National Agencies and Compendia
• Index Mundi
• Industrial Commodity Statistics
• International Trade Center
• International Monetary Fund
• Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
• Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development
• World Trade Organization
Along with the official statistics, the review presents the results of the international research of BusinesStat:
• Analysis of secondary information on the milk and dairy products market
• Survey of experts in the market for milk and dairy products
Categories: Consumer Products /.../ Fermented Milk Products / Cheese
Industry /.../ Fermented Milk Products / Cheese
The whole world