The production of butter in the world from 2006 to 2010 increased by 14% and amounted to 10 million tons in 2010. Annual production growth in 2006-2010 averaged 4%. India is the world's leading butter producer. The production of butter in this country in 2006-2010 grew steadily.
The volume of imports of butter on the world market from 2006 to 2010 decreased by 21%. The leading importers of butter in the world are France, Russia and Germany. Exports of butter grew, unlike imports, and in 2010 amounted to almost 2 million tons. New Zealand, the Netherlands and Belgium are the largest exporters of butter in the world.
In the period from 2006 to 2010, sales of butter in the world grew by 13.2%. In these 5 years, the largest sales of butter was recorded in India. India’s share in total sales of butter ranged from 34.5% in 2006 to 39.4% in 2010.
“Analysis of the global market for butter in 2006–2010, forecast for 2011–2015” includes the most important data necessary for understanding the current market situation and assessing the prospects for its development:
• Overall assessment of the current economic situation in the world
• Sales of butter
• Population size, purchase per capita
• Volume of foreign and domestic trade in butter
• Volume of production, import and export
• Price of import, export of butter
BusinesStat regularly analyzes the butter market in all countries of the world, including Russia.
The report provides current data for 25 countries: Australia, Argentina, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, United Kingdom, Germany, Egypt, India, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Canada, China, Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, Poland, Republic of Korea, Russia, USA, Turkey, Ukraine, France, Japan.
In preparing the report, official statistics were used:
• United Nations Statistics Division
• Commodity Trade Statistics
• National Agencies and Compendia
• Index Mundi
• Industrial Commodity Statistics
• International Trade Center
• Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development
Along with the official statistics, the report contains the results of the international research of BusinesStat:
• Fat and oil wholesale trade audit
• Survey of experts in the market of oil and fat products
Categories: Consumer Products /.../ Dairy / Butter
Industry /.../ Dairy / Butter
The whole world