In the period from 2007 to 2011, sales in the global market of chocolate and cocoa products grew. A decrease in real sales compared to the previous year was observed only in 2009 and amounted to 1.3%. In 2011, 11.5 million tons of chocolate and cocoa products went on sale worldwide. BusinesStat estimates that in 2016, sales will grow by 10% compared to the same period in 2012.
The production of chocolate and cocoa products in the world in 2011 amounted to 12.0 million tons. In 2012-2016, production will increase following the increasing demand. The leaders in the production of chocolate and cocoa products in the world are the USA and Germany.
In the countries of the world, they mainly consume chocolate and cocoa products of their own production. The share of imported products in global sales in 2007-2011 averaged 41.6%.
"Analysis of the global market for chocolate and cocoa products in 2007-2011, forecast for 2012-2016" includes the most important data necessary to understand the current market conditions and assess the prospects for its development:
• Economy and population
• Production of chocolate and cocoa products
• Sales of chocolate and cocoa products
• Foreign and domestic trade in chocolate and cocoa products
• Import and export of chocolate and cocoa products
• Foreign trade prices of chocolate and cocoa products
The review contains current forecast data for 25 countries of the world:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, United Kingdom, Germany, Iran, Spain, Italy, Kazakhstan, Canada, Lithuania, Mexico, the Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Singapore, USA, Turkey, Ukraine, France, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Sweden, Japan.
In preparing the review used official statistics:
• United Nations Statistics Division
• Commodity Trade Statistics
• National Agencies and Compendia
• Index Mundi
• Industrial Commodity Statistics
• International Trade Center
• International Monetary Fund
• Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
• Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development
• World Trade Organization
Along with the official statistics, the review presents the results of the international research of BusinesStat:
• Analysis of secondary chocolate market information
• A survey of chocolate market experts
Categories: Consumer Products /.../ Confectionery / Chocolate
Industry /.../ Pastry / Chocolate
The whole world