The report consists of 9 chapters and 1 application.
Chapter 1 contains the technological characteristics of the study: the purpose, objectives, object, methods and information base.
Chapter 2 gives the definition of e-commerce, describes its infrastructure, describes the global and American e-commerce market, the population’s expenses for the purchase of goods and services on the Internet as a whole and for transport, in particular, as well as the segmentation of online stores by regions.
Chapter 3 contains the main ways of choosing an online store, describing the behavior of consumers of online travel services, as well as the history of the emergence of the electronic trading system for the tourist product.
Chapter 4 contains the main factors for the development of the market of online stores and electronic ticketing: the development of the Internet in the USA, the development of the market of electronic and instant payments, independent tourism, and also Internet banking.
Chapter 5 is devoted to the description of methods of payment for goods and services on the Internet in general, and air and railway tickets in particular.
Chapter 6 is devoted to the description of e-commerce airfare in the United States.
Chapter 7 describes various methods of selling airline tickets on the Internet, including meta-search engines, global distribution systems, and the websites of the airlines themselves.
Chapter 8 describes the sale of train tickets on the Internet, including a description of the "Electronic Ticket" project, cases of fraud with electronic tickets and electronic sales on electric trains.
Chapter 9 describes the main trends in the market of electronic sales of tickets for transport.
Appendix 1 provides information on the level of Internet penetration in the United States.
Purpose of the study
To conduct the USA (Analysis) of the American e-commerce market: sales of rail and air tickets on the Internet.
Objectives of the study:
1. To determine the volume and growth rate of the American market for sales of rail and air tickets on the Internet.
2. To characterize the market segments of sales of rail and air tickets on the Internet.
3. Describe the key trends in the development of the market for sales of rail and air tickets on the Internet.
4. Describe the key companies in the market for sales of rail and air tickets on the Internet
Object of study
The American market for sales of rail and air tickets on the Internet.
Data collection method
Monitoring of materials of printed and electronic business and specialized publications, analytical reviews of the market; The Internet; marketing and consulting materials; research results Discovery Research Group.
US Method Data Analysis
Traditional USA Content (Analysis) Documents
Information base of research:
1. Printed and electronic, business and specialized publications.
2. Internet resources.
3. Company materials.
4. Analytical review articles in the press.
5. The results of research marketing and consulting agencies.
6. Expert estimates.
7. Interviews with manufacturers and other market participants.
8. Materials of sectoral institutions and databases.
9. Database Discovery Research Group.
Brief description of the study
Ready USA (Analysis) market sales of air and train tickets over the Internet. The study contains information on the market volume, growth rates, trends and development prospects and other key indicators.