no photo

Analysis of the global apple market in 2010-2014, forecast for 2015-2019

  • Rating:
  • (0 / 5)
Quick order


From 2010 to 2014, sales of apples in the world increased by 14.1%: from 69.11 to 78.87 million tons. An annual growth was observed compared to previous years, with the exception of 2014, when sales decreased by 1.4% compared to 2013 The fall in the indicator was due to the poor harvest of apples in some large producing countries, primarily in China and Turkey, which led to a shortage of products on the market and, as a result, price increases.

In 2010-2014, the main consumers of apples among the countries of the world were China and the USA. In the years under consideration, China accounted for 46.2-48.8% of all sales of these products in the world. The minimum share of sales occurred in 2010, and the maximum - in 2012. In general, over the years under consideration, apple consumption in the country increased by 15.2%: from 31.93 to 36.79 million tons. Annual increase in sales of these products in China (the exception was 2014) contributed to the growing welfare of the population, which led to an excessive increase in demand for healthy food, in particular for vegetables and fruits. Apples are in particular demand in the country. At the same time, China is the world's largest producer of apple products, about 14% of all fruits are processed. In 2010-2014, about 4.6% of all apples in the world were sold annually in the USA. At the same time, about 62% of the products available on the market were consumed fresh, the remaining 38% were subjected to industrial processing. In 2014, other major consumers of apples among the countries of the world were Russia (3.5% of world sales), India (3.1%), Turkey (3.0%), Poland (2.7%) and Iran (2, 2%).

According to BusinesStat, in 2015-2019, sales of apples in the world will grow by 2.3-3.0% per year. In 2019, they will reach 90.11 million tons, which will exceed the 2014 level by 14.3%. In the coming years, the main drivers for increasing apple consumption in the world will be: first, population growth; secondly, an increase in the standard of living in some developing countries, which would entail an increase in demand for vegetables and fruits; thirdly, the growing global demand for apple processing products, primarily for apple juice.

"Analysis of the global apple market in 2010-2014, forecast for 2015-2019" includes the most important data necessary to understand the current situation on the world market and assess the prospects for its development:

Economy and population

Gross apple harvest

Sown area and yield of apples

Apple Sales

External and internal trade in apples

Import and export of apples

Foreign trade prices of apples

The review provides current data for more than 100 countries of the world and a forecast for the 25 leading countries of the world apple market.

Leading countries: Argentina, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Great Britain, Germany, Egypt, India, Iran, Spain, Italy, Canada, China, Mexico, Moldova, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Russia, United States of America, Turkey, Ukraine , France, Chile, South Africa.

In preparing the review used statistical information:

United Nations Statistics Division

UN Comtrade Database


National Agencies and Compendia

Index Mundi

Industrial Commodity Statistics

International Trade Center

International Monetary Fund

Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations

Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development

World Trade Organization

Along with the official statistics, the review contains the results of BusinesStat research:

Analysis of open information about the apple market

Survey of agricultural experts

Categories: Consumer Products /.../ Fruits / Apples

Agriculture /.../ Fruit / Apples

The whole world

No comments yet
Please rate it

See also:

We are leading agency on market reports sales. More than 10000 market researches in our data base. 


New York, 11th west street, 11

+1 223 324 3234

Follow the news
New York, 11th west street, 11 +1 223 324 3234